NBHA KS01 will be hosting the “Cans N Tans” Buckle Series at several of our outdoor arenas this spring and summer. These will be fundraiser races NOT NBHA points races. The April/May races are a Bonus Race Finals qualifier series (pending).
Sunday, April 11 – Johnson County Fairgrounds, Gardner
Saturday, April 17 – Leavenworth County Fairgrounds, Tonganoxie
Saturday, April 24 – Crossroads Cowboy Church, Perry
Sunday, April 25 – Wyandotte County Fairgrounds, Kansas City
Saturday, May 29 – R Bar B, Topeka
Sunday, June 6 – Lyndon Saddle Club, Lyndon
Sunday, Aug. 1 – Lyndon Saddle Club, Lyndon
Sunday, Aug. 8 – Wyandotte County Fairgrounds, Kansas City
Saturday, Aug. 14 – R Bar B, Topeka
Sunday, Aug. 15 – Wyandotte County Fairgrounds, Kansas City
Saturday, Sept. 11 – R Bar B, Topeka
Schedule for Each Event:
- 9:30 a.m. Session: 5 minutes open arena, Exhibitions (limited number), 20 Open/Youth/Senior jackpot runs. Pee Wees run at the end of any drag.
- 10:30 a.m. Session: 5 minutes open arena, Exhibitions (limited number), 20 Open/Youth/Senior jackpot runs. Pee Wees run at the end of any drag.
- Additional sessions to be held at 11:30, 12:30, and 1:30 as needed.
- Open 5D (1/2 second splits): $25
- Youth 3D (full second splits): $20
- Senior 3D (full second splits): $20
- Pee Wee – Assisted and Unassisted classes: $6 – Each contestant wins at least $1 and a prize
- Futurity 3D Sidepot (full second splits, horse 5 & under): $20
- Derby 3D Sidepot (1/2 second splits, horses 6-7 years old): $20
- Exhibitions (60 second time limit): $5
- Processing Fee: $7 per contestant (except Pee Wees)
- 75% payback in Open, Youth, Senior, Futurity, and Derby
- $4 of each pee wee entry will be paid back
- No non-member fees
No dates will be added to the series unless more than 3 races are cancelled.
NBHA payout rules will apply.
- Awards Fee – $5 per horse/rider combination
- Points do not count for buckles/awards until awards fee is paid.
- To be eligible for awards, horse/rider awards fee must be paid BEFORE points will begin counting.
- A rider may nominate as many horses as he/she wishes in as many classes/sidepots as he/she is eligible for.
- Maximum awards fee is $20 per person. No cap on how many awards an individual paying $20 in awards fees is eligible for.
- Amy nominates Slick’s Cash Guy for an open award and French Cash Ta Fame for a futurity award. Amy pays $10 in awards fees.
- Lacy nominates Buddy for a youth award and an open award, and Flash for a youth award and a derby award. Lacy pays $20 in awards fees. If she chose to nominate Flash for an open award also, her awards fees would still be $20.
- No awards fee will be paid by Pee Wee contestants.
- Pee Wees must compete in at least 4 events to be eligible for awards.
- The Champion Unassisted Pee Wee will win a buckle, and the Champion Assisted Pee Wee will receive a grooming set.
- Every Pee Wee who competes in at least 4 races will receive an award.
- Points in each class and sidepot will be awarded from 10 points for first in a division down to 1 point for 10th in a division. Most points in each division at the end of the series wins that division’s buckle. Any horse that is not nominated will not earn points, but those points will not roll to the next nominated horse.
- 1st – Lacy on Buddy 10 points
- 2nd – Abby on Frank (not nominated – would be 9 points for a nominated horse/rider combo)
- 3rd – Amy on Slick’s Cash Guy 8 points
- Most shows attended
- Most first place finishes
- Most second place finishes